A field coordinator's primary responsibility is to provide technical information to the project team to ensure the project is constructed per the latest plans, specifications, and design instructions. Assist in the evaluation and solution of potential field problems. Perform all essential functions and responsibilities in conjunction with the company's mission, vision, and values. The field coordinator is in alignment with FCC's policies, including processes and procedures, so the construction project is completed to the client's full satisfaction and at the company's expected levels of schedule, safety, quality, and financial success.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assists with project startup including permitting, site logistics, scheduling, and safety planning.
- Assists with daily reporting including photo documentation and meeting minutes.
- Participates in project updates including document management, material procurement, schedule, and safety.
- Assists with project closeout including closeout documents, punchlist, and warranty.
- Actively participates in continuous education, company training and mentoring programs.
- Keeps updated records including Contract Documents. Post document revisions including RFIs and addendums.
- Participates in quality control and safety inspections.
- Communicates the project plan to subcontractors and vendors, with assistance from the superintendent.
- Supports the field management staff with miscellaneous construction tasks.
- Actively takes initiative to learn construction materials, processes, and constructability
Minimum Expectations for ALL Field Management Positions
- Time management skills including timeliness to work, sense of urgency, completes work on time.
- Communication skills including verbal, telephone, and written.
- Compatibility with others
- Self-confidence, self-motivated, self-starter
- Neat, clean, professional appearance
- Ability and willingness to accept direction and/or constructive criticism
- Optimistic, energetic, and dynamic demeanor
- Integrity, honest, and fairness with self and others
- Delegate appropriately and clearly communicate expectations
- Promote team member morale
Minimum Software Skills for Field Management – Training Available at FCC
- Procore Construction Software
- Bluebeam PDF and Document Viewing
- Microsoft Suite Including Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and Powerpoint
- HH2 – Invoice Management
- mBurse – Mileage Tracking and Vehicle Management
- Namely – HR Platform
- ShareFile – Document Sharing Platform