Minimum Expectations for ALL Project Management Positions
- Time management skills including timeliness to work, sense of urgency, completes work on time.
- Communication skills including verbal, telephone, and written.
- Compatibility with others
- Self-confidence, self-motivated, self-starter
- Neat, clean, professional appearance
- Ability and willingness to accept direction and/or constructive criticism
- Optimistic, energetic, and dynamic demeanor
- Integrity, honest, and fairness with self and others
A Project Manger’s (PM) primary responsibility is to provide leadership of the project team and to act as a key member for the administrative and technical management of the project. The PM supervises all activities related to contract administration, financial management, procurement, schedule, and risk management. The PM works closely with field operations, company leadership and preconstruction. In addition, the PM interfaces with owners, design teams, suppliers, and subcontractors to resolve constructability and/or value engineering matters including the coordination associated with proper project execution. The PM works in concert with the superintendent(s) to perform all essential functions and responsibilities of the project for the satisfaction of the Owner, trade partners, and FCC shareholders. It is an expectation the PM demonstrates leadership while representing FCC per the company’s policies. Perform all essential functions and responsibilities in conjunction with the company’s mission, vision, and core values.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Reviews and manages the “FCC Project Start Up and Expectations Log”; assigns responsibility and holds team accountable.
- Reviews owner contract and ensures compliance. Ensures the entire FCC team understands the prime contract requirements, include in the internal project kickoff meeting.
- Manages subcontractor and vendor procurement to ensure the buyout is per schedule and company standards.
- Creates and manages the project budget based on the Prime Contract estimate; reviews estimates and scopes with Preconstruction Department.
- Manages development of master project schedule. Updates the project schedule with the project Superintendent; formally distribute the project schedule and other project updates.
- Leads regular project planning meetings including but not limited to scope review, kickoff, subcontractor coordination, status report, internal FCC coordination meeting.
- Effectively and efficiently resolves problems in a manner that benefits the project, FCC, and the Owner. Understands when to obtain approval and involve upper management.
- Establishes and maintains, in conjunction with the Superintendent, the project specific safety and quality control plan.
- Manages keen relationships with project owners, consultants, subcontractors, vendors, etc.
- Manages project closeout package per company and project requirements.