An assistant superintendent's primary responsibility is to lead a project site with assistance from the project manager and the superintendent and/or senior superintendent. The assistant superintendent is in training for the superintendent position; needs to be actively involved, potentially leading, the overall planning, scheduling, quality, safety, and logistics of a project. The assistant superintendent can lead, and coordinate subcontractor's work activities for an assigned project. Knowledge of materials, processes, and management of construction-related tasks. Perform all essential function and responsibilities in conjunction with the company's mission, vision, and values. The assistant superintendent is in alignment with FCC's policies, including processes and procedures, so the construction project is completed to the client's full satisfaction and at the company's expected levels of schedule, safety, quality, and financial success.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manages project startup including permitting, site logistics, trailer setup, project scheduling, safety, quality, and material procurement.
- Conduct and document jobsite meetings and tasks, including Owner meetings.
- Leader in project meetings; can effectively interpret, utilize, and communicate issues and conflict resolution.
- Utilize look ahead scheduling to manage progress of work; can communicate and coordinate with trade contractors and vendors effectively.
- Manages the project closeout including closeout documents, punchlist, and warranty.
- Coordinate and conduct quality control and safety inspections. Enforcing the safety and quality plans.
- Ensure project-wide housekeeping procedures are implemented including proper signage, cleanliness, and project flow.
- Preparation of daily superintendent reporting including manpower, activities, deliveries, and overall planning.
- Assist with cost management and unit cost reporting including material, equipment, and labor.
- Implements and enforces all FCC standard quality and safety procedures.
Minimum Expectations for ALL Field Management Positions
- Time management skills including timeliness to work, sense of urgency, completes work on time.
- Communication skills including verbal, telephone, and written.
- Compatibility with others
- Self-confidence, self-motivated, self-starter
- Neat, clean, professional appearance
- Ability and willingness to accept direction and/or constructive criticism
- Optimistic, energetic, and dynamic demeanor
- Integrity, honest, and fairness with self and others
- Delegate appropriately and clearly communicate expectations
- Promote team member morale
Minimum Software Skills for Field Management – Training Available at FCC
- Procore Construction Software
- Bluebeam PDF and Document Viewing
- Microsoft Suite Including Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and Powerpoint
- HH2 – Invoice Management
- mBurse – Mileage Tracking and Vehicle Management
- Namely – HR Platform
- ShareFile – Document Sharing Platform