The project accountant provides accounting management and administrative guidance on a project-specific basis. The accountant will proactively manage all financial aspects of a project while also providing leadership within the accounting department. Additionally, the project accountant will seek growth opportunities to expand their role in risk management, accounts receivable, and cash management activities. The accountant will perform all essential functions and responsibilities in conjunction with the company's mission, vision, and core values.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Communicates and works closely with the Project Management team to obtain all documentation for job initiation (subcontractor contact information, COI’s, etc.)
- Maintains subcontractor job set-up checklist. Verifies completeness of all forms received to set up the job in SAGE and to provide payments to subcontractors (COI’s, lien waivers, etc.)
- Provides preliminary communication with subcontractors’ finance department to build a relationship and establish expectations for both parties.
- Collects and directs both project and overhead payables/invoices through the approval process.
- Submits completed payment requests and processes payment. Provides completed checks and documentation to the manager for final signature and approval.
- Effectively communicates with subcontractors/suppliers about payment submittals, request missing information, and tactfully dissolves any conflicts in a timely manner.
- Extensive communication with the Project Management team in reference to various project documents including, but not limited to, subcontracts, change orders, and payment requests.
- Manages and updates necessary certificate of insurance information, lien waivers, and other compliance needs throughout the duration of the project.
- Maintenance of FCC fixed asset records and monthly recording of depreciation.
- Helps design, create and implement new accounting templates, models, and processes to improve the accuracy, efficiency, and quality of the current accounting processes.
Qualifications of Position
- Bachelor’s degree or (3) years of accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Exposure to and intermediate knowledge of an ERP system or accounting software - Procore and SAGE a plus
- Previous experience and knowledge of the construction industry a plus
Minimum Expectations for ALL Project Accountant Positions
- Time management skills including timeliness to work, sense of urgency, and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills including verbal, telephone, and written
- Detail-oriented, problem solver, and organized
- Self-confident, self-motivated, self-starter
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance
- Ability and willingness to accept direction and constructive criticism
- Optimistic, positive, and dynamic demeanor
- Ability to delegate appropriately and clearly communicate expectations
- Promotes team member morale and compatibility with others
Apply for this position